CBA offers two types of merit-based scholarships:
- Academic Scholarships – Incoming students in grades 6-8 and all students entering 9th grade may be eligible for academic scholarships based on a combination of their scores on the CBA scholarship exam and their report cards. Award amounts and duration may vary from year to year.
- Music Scholarships – CBA offers two different music scholarships:
- Purple Scholarship – $500/year. This scholarship is awarded to students based on audition and funding availability and is open to all new students, as well as CBA musicians entering 9th grade.
- Gold Scholarship – $1,000/year. This scholarship is awarded to students based on audition and funding availability and is open to all new students, as well as CBA musicians entering 9th grade.
The deadline for 2017-18 Financial Aid Applications is Monday, February 13, 2017
CBA uses FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to process financial aid applications.
To begin the financial aid process:
- Register on the FACTS website to get your login information. If you currently use FACTS for automatic tuition payments, you will use the same username and password.
- Fill out the online application.
- Pay the $30 application fee at the end of the online application process.
- Mail copies of your most recent state and federal tax returns with all schedules and W-2s to:
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
PO Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Write “CBA Albany” on the envelope to ensure faster application processing.
If you have questions about the FACTS financial aid application, call the FACTS helpline at 1-866-315-9262. Do not call CBA with questions about the FACTS application.
CBA aims to make award determinations by the time enrollment contracts are due for the following academic year. Financial aid funds are limited and demand is high. It is important for you to submit your financial aid application as early as possible. Financial aid awards are not final until FACTS has received and verified all tax returns and W-2s. You will not receive financial aid without a properly completed application.
If you have general questions about financial aid at CBA, contact Joanne Alix at (518) 452-9809 ext. 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.