Now that the winter sports season is coming to a close, it is time to begin thinking about the spring season.
MEET THE COACHES
The spring “Meet the Coaches Night” for parents and student athletes will be Wednesday, March 1st in the Ned McGraw Gymnasium. All families must attend the meeting! Below I have listed all of the important information regarding spring sports. The information below should answer the following questions:
- What spring sports are offered at CBA?
- How do I sign up for spring sports?
- What if I haven’t submitted my forms yet?
- What are the times and locations of the practices and tryouts?
SPRING SPORTS OFFERED AT CBA
Varsity, JV, Freshmen, Modified
Any questions, please contact Casey O’Connor at email@example.com.
Varsity, JV, Modified
Any questions, please contact Rich Scully at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions, please contact Eric Holm at email@example.com
Track and Field
Any questions, please contact Tom O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Before being eligible to practice, each student-athlete must sign up and be CLEARED BY THE HEALTH OFFICE. The Health Office is the ONLY place you can sign up for winter sports.
- A valid physical form. Your Health Form should ONLY be turned into the health office. DO NOT GIVE COACHES YOUR HEALTH FORM.
- An up-to-date Parent Permission and Health History Form, to be completed within 30 days of the start of the spring season.
- NOTE: If you have indicated on your health history form that your child has asthma or any medical condition and requires medication, you must obtain a written order from your physician. These orders need to be filed at the beginning of every school year. Orders should state that medications be self carried and administered if possible.
NOTE: Teams should be prepared to practice on the weekends.
TRYOUTS AND PRACTICE TIMES
Listed below are the dates and locations for spring sports teams. Coaches will give out a schedule with practice times at the winter “Meet the Coaches Night.”
- Varsity and JV – Tryouts will begin on March 6th in the Ned McGraw Gymnasium.
- Freshman and Modified – Tryouts will begin on March 13th in the Ned McGraw Gymnasium.
- Varsity and JV – Tryouts will begin on March 6th at Watervliet High School (Transportation will be provided).
- Modified – Tryouts will begin on March 13th. Location TBD
- Varsity – Tryouts will begin on March 6th. Location will alternate between CBA and Tri-City Fitness.
Track and Field
- Varsity – Tryouts will begin on March 6th on the CBA Track
- Modified – Tryouts will begin March 13th on the CBA Track
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation. I look forward to your son being part of the CBA Athletic Program and helping us continue our tradition of excellence in athletics.
Blaine Drescher ’04