SPRING SPORTS AT CBA
Dear CBA Families,
Now that the winter sports season is approaching sectionals, it means spring sports are right around the corner. The Spring “Meet the Coaches Night” for parents and student athletes will be Wednesday, February 28th at 7:00PM in the Ned McGraw Gymnasium. All parents and student athletes must attend the meeting! Below I have listed all of the important information regarding spring sports:
1. What winter sports are offered at CBA?
2. How do I sign up for Winter Sports?
3. When do the winter sports begin?
4. What are the times and locations of the practices and tryouts?
SPRING SPORTS OFFERED AT CBA
Baseball – Varsity, JV, Freshmen, Modified,
Any questions, please contact Casey O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lacrosse – Varsity, JV, and Modified
Any questions, please contact Richard Scully at email@example.com
Tennis – Varsity
Any questions, please contact Eric Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Track and Field – Varsity, Modified
Any questions, please contact Tom O’Malley at email@example.com
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Before being eligible to practice, each student-athlete must sign up and be CLEARED BY THE
HEALTH OFFICE. The Health Office is the ONLY place you can sign up for spring sports. Sign ups will take place with Nurse Fenton in the Health Office every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday throughout the month of February with the exception of winter break.
*Before being cleared by the Health Office, each student must have the following:
- A valid physical on file in the Health Office.
- An up-to-date Parent Permission and Health History Form, to be completed within 30 days of the start of the spring season. Even if you played a sport in the winter, you must submit a new form for the spring season. (each season requires a new form)
NOTE: If you have indicated on your health history form that your child has asthma or any medical condition and requires medication, you must obtain a written order from your physician. These orders need to be filed at the beginning of every school year. Orders should state that medications be self carried and administered if possible.
START DATES, TRYOUTS, AND PRACTICE TIMES
- High school sports will begin on Monday, March 5th.
- Modified sports will begin on Monday, March 12th.
- Locations and practice times will be given out at the team meetings during Meet the Coaches Night.
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation. I look forward to your son being part of the CBA Athletic Program and help us continue our tradition of excellence in athletics.
Blaine Drescher ‘04
Director of Athletics
Christian Brothers Academy