Now that the summer has begun, it is time to begin thinking about the fall season.
MEET THE COACHES
The fall “Meet the Coaches Night” for parents and student athletes will be Monday August 7th @7pm in the Ned McGraw Gymnasium. All families must attend the meeting! Below I have listed all of the important information regarding spring sports. The information below should answer the following questions:
- What spring sports are offered at CBA?
- How do I sign up for spring sports?
- What if I haven’t submitted my forms yet?
- What are the times and locations of the practices and tryouts?
FALL SPORTS OFFERED AT CBA
Varsity & Modified, any questions please contact, Tom O’Malley Omar13@nycap.rr.com
Varsity, JV, Freshman & Modified, any questions please contact, Joe Burke email@example.com
Varsity & JV, any questions please contact, Lucas Lastarza Lastarzl@cbaalbany.org.
Varsity, JV & Modified, any questions please contact, Steve Freeman firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Before being eligible to practice, each student-athlete must sign up and be CLEARED BY THE HEALTH OFFICE. During the summer, sign ups are in the main office.
- A valid physical form. Your Health Form should ONLY be turned into the health office. DO NOT GIVE COACHES YOUR HEALTH FORM.
- An up-to-date Parent Permission and Health History Form, to be completed within 30 days of the start of the spring season. These forms will be mailed in late July.
- NOTE: If you have indicated on your health history form that your child has asthma or any medical condition and requires medication, you must obtain a written order from your physician. These orders need to be filed at the beginning of every school year. Orders should state that medications be self carried and administered if possible.
NOTE: Teams should be prepared to practice on the weekends. Weekend times will be announced August 7th at “Meet the Coaches Night”
TRYOUTS AND PRACTICE TIMES
Listed below are the dates and locations for spring sports teams. Coaches will give out a schedule with practice times at the fall
“Meet the Coaches Night.”
- Varsity, JV, and Freshman – Tryouts will be August 14th-18th at CBA’s Brothers field (located behind the Brothers House)
- Modified – Tryouts will begin on August 24th 8:30am-10:30am at CBA’s Brothers field (located behind the Brothers House)
- Varsity and JV – Tryouts will be August 14th-18th at CBA’s Soccer Fields. (located behind CBA)
- Modified – Tryouts will begin on August 28th @ 3:30-5pm.
- Varsity – Tryouts will be August 14th-18th at the CBA Track@ 3:30-5pm.
- Modifed – Tryouts will begin on August 28th at the CBA Track@ 3:30-5pm.
- Varsity & JV – Tryouts will be August 14th-16th at The Town of Colonie Golf Course @11am Tee Time (9 holes each day).
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation. I look forward to your son being part of the CBA Athletic Program and helping us continue our tradition of excellence in athletics.
Blaine Drescher ’04