Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST)
This year CBA will utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process our families’ financial aid applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept strictly confidential. The information supplied to FAST by you, the applicant, and the results of FAST’s analysis is then used on a blind basis by the CBA Financial Aid Committee to determine the financial awards to be granted. Once the Committee has completed that process, financial aid award letters will be sent to families.
As a reminder, you must reapply for financial assistance each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- Log onto the School’s website at (www.cbaalbany.org)
- Click on “FAST” in the “My CBA” menu.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and then go back to it at another time. Online e-mail (email@example.com) and a 24/7 helpline (1-877-326-3278) is available. Please do not call the school with questions pertaining to the FAST online application process itself.
- The charge for the application is $38.00 and must be paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call me for assistance.
- After completing the online application you will be required to mail copies of your 2012 tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2′s to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594
Including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
- The online submission deadline for all applications is Friday, February 15, 2013.
- Your tax return must follow the submission.
- Make your tax appointment early.
- Please note that paper applications will NOT be accepted; all applications must be done online.
Our goal is to have award determinations made by the time re-enrollment contracts are due back to CBA for the 2013-14 school year. Because financial aid funds are limited and the demand is high, late filing of the application and supporting documentation may result in non-renewal of a financial aid award. Therefore, it is imperative that you meet the deadline of February 15, 2013. Financial aid awards are not considered final until all tax returns and W-2′s have been received and verified by FAST.
If you have any questions about the overall financial aid process, please feel free to contact Vicki Roberts at any time (452-9809 Ext 146 or firstname.lastname@example.org).