Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST)
CBA utilizes the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process our families’ financial aid applications. All financial aid related information is kept strictly confidential.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. The information supplied to FAST by you, the applicant, and the results of FAST’s analysis is used on a blind basis by the CBA Financial Aid Committee to determine the financial aid awards to be granted. Once the Committee has completed that process, financial aid award letters are sent to families.
As a reminder, you must apply for financial assistance each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- Log onto the School’s website at (www.cbaalbany.org)
- Click on “FAST” in the “My CBA” menu.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and then go back to it at another time. Online e-mail (email@example.com) and a 24/7 helpline (1-877-326-3278) is available. Please do not call the school with questions pertaining to the FAST online application process itself.
- The charge for the application is $38.00 and must be paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call the CBA Business Office for assistance.
- After completing the online application you will be required to mail copies of your 2013 tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2′s to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594
Please include the School’s name on the outside of the envelope. This will ensure faster processing of your application.
- The online submission deadline for all 2014-15 applications is Friday, February 14, 2014.
- Your tax return must follow the submission.
- Make your tax appointment early.
- Please note that paper applications will NOT be accepted; all applications must be done online.
Our goal is to have award determinations made by the time enrollment contracts are due back to CBA for the 2014-15 school year. Because financial aid funds are limited and the demand is high, late filing of the application and supporting documentation may result in non-renewal of a financial aid award. Therefore, it is imperative that you meet the deadline of February 14, 2014. Financial aid awards are not considered final until all tax returns and W-2′s have been received and verified by FAST. However, this does not mean that you should wait until your tax returns have been filed; apply for assistance as soon as you can and follow up with tax returns when available.
If you have any questions about the overall financial aid process, please feel free to contact Vicki Roberts at any time (452-9809 Ext 146 or firstname.lastname@example.org).