The purpose of the Christian Brothers Academy Sports Hall of Fame is to help recognize and commemorate significant accomplishments and contributions related to Christian Brothers Academy athletic achievement and development.
A standing committee of alumni and friends of CBA is in place with the chairperson of the committee being an administrator at the Academy. Members will be added or replaced as the need arises by nomination and majority vote by the nominating committee.
Selection by Committee Process
Selections will be made by the majority of the committee with inductions to take place in conjunction with the Christian Brothers Academy Awards Dinner. The committee will solicit nominations for the Hall of Fame from the general population and alumni throughout the year. Anyone associated with CBA athletics can be nominated. Nominations can be made by anyone; they do not have to be associated with CBA. Nominations will also be accepted from the members of the Hall of Fame Committee. An active list of nominations will be kept by the chairperson.
In general, the purpose is to select a candidate to the CBA Sports Hall of Fame to be recognized for outstanding accomplishments in athletics while a student at the Academy. Athletic achievements after graduation from CBA will also be considered. In further clarification of this intent, the selection will be used to recognize extraordinary contributions to the development and advancement of CBA athletics other than by playing in competition, whether or not such individuals are alumni of CBA.
- Ten years since the end of the individual’s involvement with CBA athletics.
- An attempt will be made to select from the broad spectrum of sports activity at CBA.
- Consideration and recognition will be given to the unusual multi-sport achievement by a particular athlete, whether or not his achievement in any one sport would normally qualify the athlete for selection to the Hall of Fame.
- Student-athletes must be graduates of the school. Coaches and/or other personnel being considered need not be graduates of the school.
- All members of the Hall of Fame will be listed on a plaque with name and year to be displayed with the permanent trophies.
- Individual plaques will be presented to the members of the Hall of Fame at the Awards Dinner. Awards will be obtained by the administrator representing the Academy.
The committee will present, from time to time, any plans or suggestions to improve the Hall of Fame.