Recognizing and respecting ones passionate interest in and support of single gender, Catholic education, Christian Brothers Academy is proud to establish the CBA Big Brothers for Education Program. Created in the Lasallian tradition of supporting every student who wishes to be educated at Christian Brothers Academy, we are looking for people who share these beliefs and values to support this mission. We count you among those who are changing the world for the better and ask for your support of this special program.
CHRISTIAN BROTHERS ACADEMY…
- Has a 100% college acceptance since 1980.
- Graduating classes are consistently awarded millions dollars in scholarships.
- Requires every student to complete 70 hours of service.
- Is a Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredited School.
- Is a JROTC ‘Honor Unit with Distinction’, teaching leadership and respect.
- Partners with colleges to provide ‘College in High School Program’ courses.
- Offers Advanced Placement courses in Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English, Physics, US History and World History.
- Has a strong academic, music, forensics, military leadership, and athletic programs.
BECOMING A CBA BIG BROTHER
At any level of sponsorship, please know that your investment makes a difference to our students, to Christian Brothers Academy, and to the generations of young men who will come through CBA for many years going forward. The promise of the future translates into very tangible goals to help enhance the educational experience of the current and next generation of graduates. Growing our programs for excellence in leadership, character development, faith formation and service are hallmarks of CBA education in order to prepare each young man to lead and succeed in life and to transform society. Sponsorship will connect you with a student.
CBA provides $850,000 in scholarship and financial aid every year and the demand is increasing. Annual sponsorship opportunities listed below can help offset this cost.
LEVELS OF SPONSORSHIP
BIG BROTHER $10,000 annually
CHRISTIAN BROTHER $7,500/ $5,000 / $2,500 / $1,000 annually
BROTHER $100 – $999 annually
“In my particular case, the motivation to become a Big Brother was to ‘give back’. I was at a fork in the road and they helped me find the right direction. The Brothers sacrificed and gave of themselves greatly for me — teaching me humility.”
- a current big brother William J. Adams ‘59
Endowment Gifts are another opportunity to make an everlasting imprint on Christian Brothers Academy and our students. If you wish to become a “CBA Big Brother” and endow to future CBA generations, the following levels of support available:
- $25,000 results in approximately $1,250 per year.
- $50,000 results in approximately $2,500 per year.
- $75,000 results in approximately $3,750 per year.
- $100,000 results in approximately $5,000 per year.
- $125,000 results in approximately $6,250 per year.
- $150,000 results in approximately $7,500 per year.
- $200,000 results in approximately $10,000 per year.
“My experience at Christian Brothers Academy helped to provide structure and discipline during one of the most challenging times in a young man’s life—adolescence. The school helped establish a foundation that built my faith and character; the challenging academics prepared me to succeed at the United States Military Academy and beyond. On my first day at CBA, my global studies teacher set the tone for excellence by stating, “You are the best so act like the best.” CBA will always be dear to me—it directed me on my path to manhood, and I am forever indebted and grateful to the Big Brother who sponsored me.”
- a sponsored ‘BROTHER’ David M. Wimbush ‘99
For further information regarding the CBA Big Brothers Program, contact Colleen Ward, Director of Institutional Advancement, 518.452.9809, ext. 113 or email@example.com